Alleviate Stress in these crazy times
1. List the things that cause you stress. Change the way you think about these stressors by putting a positive spin on them.
2. Practice being optimistic.
3. Reframe things in the context of a larger positive plan.
4. Recognize that troubles are temporary.
5. Don't blame yourself needlessly.
6. Put things into perspective.
7. Not your circus not your monkeys. Let go of what you can’t control; take control of what you can.
8. Look over your list of commitments. Highlight the unavoidable responsibilities. Eliminate the voluntary ones that don’t fulfill you.
9. Perfectionism only leads to stress.
10. Know your limits physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Set boundaries with other people—and yourself.
11. Get organized, but don’t overwhelm yourself with the task.
12. When faced with a large task, break it down into smaller tasks. Prioritize tasks and deal with the most important or most unpleasant issue first.
13. Make leisure activities and hobbies a priority in your life. Enjoyment of life prolongs life and reduces stress. Have a sense of humor.
14. Any physical activity helps me. I started Jujitsu https://wcma-usa.com/ but you might like walking https://chestercreektrail.org/ just condition your body for maximum enjoyment of life and reduction of stress. Choking people helps me.
15. Avoid sugary snacks, smoking, alcohol, drugs, overeating and caffeine.
16. Use the Food Pyramid to guide you in your eating. Plenty of fruits and vegetables are necessary for optimum health.
17. Know your sleep requirements. Make sure that you get as much as you need nightly. Retiring and rising at the same hour every day (not sleeping in on weekends) reduces sleep disturbances which can lead to stress.
18. Make time for relaxation. This can mean doing absolutely nothing. Learning to relax can include many techniques including meditation, prayer and deep breathing.
19. During the day, take regular breaks. Most experts recommend a ten-minute rest every hour.
20. Find time to be alone for a little while each day.
21. Talk to a friend or family member (but not one who stresses you out!)
22. Physical contact with loved ones reduces stress. Get or give a hug, hold hands with your spouse, cuddle on the couch, even stroking a pet helps. https://rags2richesrescue.webs.com/
23. Offline Social interaction is important. Facebook is ok but nothing beats face to face,
24. Call Dan Hayden for all your real estate needs.